I’m low on sleep but high on energy to bring you all this week’s finds. Here’s hoping I don’t crash before I finish…
- La Croix Cocktails: I previously mentioned my love for La Croix flavored sparkling water. Well, I’m hopelessly addicted now that I have an endless supply at work. Good thing a writer at Gizmodo curated nine cocktail recipes to make with La Croix! Happy hour just got a little happier.
- RunKeeper: With my newfound Run Club at work, I wanted to try this wildly popular app to map my route and pace. The welcome series of emails was a little aggressive, but I’m otherwise pleased with the experience so far. Bonus: It’s on sale for just $20/year — get it while you can!
- Firefly: I recently celebrated three months with my company by joining my referring co-worker and our mutual friend at this spot in Noe Valley. It’s largely veg-focused, but I can attest that the fried chicken and biscuit were also stellar. It was a nice departure from my usual menu, especially with the tart and vibrant fried green tomatoes. Yum!
- Jay Pharaoh: SNL’s king of impressions has done it again — this time, mimicking various rappers. Best of all, host and musical guest Drake had something to say about it. Despite the crap quality (thanks for hoarding your videos, SNL), you won’t be disappointed, fam.*
*Am I using that correctly? I’m too old and white to be cool.
I spent the first part of this week in San Francisco for work and got back to New York, exhausted, today. I’m not even entirely sure it’s Wednesday, as I’ve been awake since 5, but we’re gonna just go with it.
- The Grove: I reunited with a dear friend over adult PB&Js and a bottle of vino at this fabulous little find. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming, and the company was even better!
- Alibi: My Cali co-workers introduced us to this swanky Financial District spot for happy hour. While they were out of quite a few liquors, they had my trusty blueberry-vodka-and-soda available — so I was thrilled.
- Gracias Madre: After happy hour, it was only fitting we stuff our faces. This vegan restaurant in the Mission District served plate after plate of amazing food. ¡Que delicioso!
- “I Left My Heart in San Francisco” – Tony Bennett: OK, so maybe I didn’t leave my heart there … but I thought I left my contact lenses and glasses case, so that’s pretty close. And in all seriousness, I hope to make it out to SF for a longer stay very soon.