After a whirlwind week in New York, suffice it to say I am le tired. For example, I actually thought yesterday was Friday. So close! Yet so, so far.
- Amanda’s Burgers: My return to the SF office was punctuated by my team’s creativity in crafting a full-on burger stand at my desk. Back story: One of the guys calls me “The Burg” or “The Burger.” That’s really all you need to know — well that, and that it’s Yelp official.
- Orange Is the New Black: OK, so I didn’t actually enjoy this book but it took me so damn long to finish, I have to recognize myself for it. The true story of Piper Kerman’s year in a women’s prison is eye-opening … I just kind of hated her writing style and schizophrenic stories.
- 200th WO: I can’t quite believe it, but these little Weekly Obsessions turn TWO HUNDRED this week. Holy crapballs, y’all. Thanks to each of you for your continued support and making this blog a creative outlet — it’s something I truly cherish.
- “Love Shack” – The B-52s: Your what?! Tin roof, rusted. There is potentially no greater song to bring people together of all ages, as I witnessed at my friend’s wedding last weekend. Groovy, baby.
My company holiday party is tonight and I’m moving to a new apartment soon, so I fully blame that for my disbelief: Christmas is a WEEK away. Here are four treats for you to get through the craziness:
- For Your Mistle-Toes!: I usually paint ornaments for co-workers, but I just didn’t have the time to dedicate this year. Luckily, Pinterest is a treasure trove and I could whip up these cuties for my team. Tip for the guys: They don’t need nail polish — try cozy socks, instead!
- A Charming Bracelet: My sweet, sweet friend Meghan was so thoughtful to surprise me with a beautiful bracelet to commemorate my dad. The tears still haven’t stopped, but my heart is so very full.
- How to Fight a Baby: I don’t know if there’s anything funnier than having a battle with a baby … I actually cried from laughing so hard. If you find it, you are awarded one million points. Check out the video here.
- “In My Life” – The Beatles: Continuing in the theme of crying like a (beaten-up?) baby, this song will always bring me to waterworks. Brother danced with Magz to it at his wedding last year, and it still gets me every time.
Cheers to tears & seven days left till Jesus’s birthday!!