I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is not, in fact, more cowbell. Being sick in December is litchrlly the worst, but here’s what I’m doing to keep calm and carry on:
- #AllTreesAreBeautiful: After many people took to Twitter complaining about the shape of their Reese’s Christmas Trees this year, the brand responded with a call to end “tree shaming” and it was glorious! Check out some of the highlights here.
- “Love Actually”: In my humble opinion, there is no better holiday movie. Sure, we all enjoy “Home Alone” and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” but it doesn’t get any more festive, actually, than Hugh Grant dancing around 10 Downing Street.
- “Billy on the Street” with Will Ferrell: Here’s two guys who are likely to disagree with my previous statements. And that’s OK — because they’re at their best when yelling at innocent people in NYC. Fa-la-freaking-la.
- Las Vegas: I’m suuuper pumped to spend part of next week in Vegas for my cousin’s bachelor/ette party! The sights, the slots, the spirits… hope Sin City is ready for some naughty troublemakers right before Christmas!
For the first time in forever, I’m really excited for the holidays and Christmastime — and it’s only December 10! Maybe it’s because I’m in love with my new city, or maybe it’s my new city’s constant weed aroma in the air. Whatever the case, here are four things to fa-la-la for:
- Christmas Decorations: I never even knew ornament stands existed, but this is perfect for commitment-phobes and people with smaller spaces (me and me). Leftover ornaments make fun additions to a table and doorway. Huzzah!
- Winter Walk SF: Right near Macy’s Union Square, SF residents and visitors can take a break from holiday shopping with a festive frolic on the turf. Kittens and carolers and food trucks oh my! Now through January 1.
- Pictures with Santa: Nothing makes me laugh more than seeing children cry at the sight of Santa. (I’m not completely jolly, as you should have guessed.) This priceless shot of my niece, Allison, and her amazing parents, will hang on my fridge for years.
- “Elf”: I just like to smile, smiling’s my favorite. And it just isn’t winter without watching this Will Ferrell classic. Trivia buffs can enjoy these fun facts, too — thanks for the find, Magz!
I split my pants today.
So that happened … and though it was thankfully in a spot where most wouldn’t notice, it was really the cherry on top of an accident-prone week. Oh, yeah — it’s WEDNESDAY. What disasters will the next few days bring? Only time will tell. Let’s focus on something happy, instead:
- Name that ‘Stache Calendar: Now that I’m all set up with a real live desk, I’ve got this daily laugh to keep me entertained. Many thanks to Santa for the excellent stocking stuffer.
- My Shows Return: From “GIRLS” to “Nashville” to “Workaholics,” I couldn’t be more pumped for this week’s winter premieres. Thank you, cable gods.
- This someecard: I have an ever-growing love for these guys, but maybe no other has been as true as this one. I pinned it yesterday and it’s since gotten 100 repins — so I know I’m not the only one feeling that way.
- The 70th Annual Golden Globes: How is it I’m still enthralled with recaps of the awards show I watched three days ago? Simple: Tina, Amy and Jennifer killed it. Enjoy.