I thought it’d be fun to capture each month’s activities and milestones in a series called Witty Rewind. It may not be for posterity’s sake, but I hope you’ll enjoy looking back at the previous month with me.
I committed to doing Whole30 as a palate reset and general post-holiday hangover challenge. I’ll be doing a recap post in the next week or so, but I can happily share as part of this commitment, I feel like a whole new Witty! Stay tuned for more to come soon. [Lbs lost: 15.8]
My new commute means I’m getting plenty of time to read for fun. I haven’t been jumping into books for work just yet, but I can proudly say I’m already more than 1/4 through my personal goal of 40 books in 2019! [Books read: 11]
Despite wanting to get some R&R in after the holidays, my social life had a different idea. Some highlights include:
- Hosting a NYE party
- Seeing the Tampa Bay Lightning play the San Jose Sharks (even though they lost)
- Sushi dinner with former colleagues
- Annual mole patrol (AKA dermatologist appointment) came back clean
- Finding a nail salon that looks like Hello Kitty’s dream home
- Getting back into the dating scene… we’ll see
- Doing yoga for a Cystic Fibrosis Foundation fundraiser
- PAID OFF MY CREDIT CARDS!
- Sushi dinner with my fellow AOII officers; Founders’ Day for AOIIs in Northern California
- Volunteering with the Junior League of SF
- Hosted my 4th? 5th? Gasparilla in SF
- Book Club discussed “Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows”
- Attending a team offsite, culminating with dinner at La Fontaine
- Happy hour with former colleagues
- Crushing the first week of my StepBet because I hate losing money
Phew! If this weekend is any indication, February shows no signs of slowing down. Here’s to all the next month will bring!
I’m the worst at taking photos. Here’s one from January…