Today is the best day.
It doesn’t matter that my foot was smashed on the train. Or that a guy I was connecting with on Tinder turned out to be a creep (shocking!). Or that I had five hours of meetings.
Today is the best day, because I’m going to my first Yankees game of the season! They’ve played two without me, and I’m experiencing my first case of FOMO. Well, fear no more. Today is the best day.
- The Hudson Bond: Before the game, I’m hitting a quick work happy hour at this midtown spot. The weather is finally breaking, and we’ll be able to enjoy its patio even more in the coming months.
- Yankees Home Games: The smell, the sounds, the sights — I’m clearly more than excited for my first visit back to the Bronx since September.
- Brother Jimmy’s BBQ: Once inside, I have to hit up this chain’s amazing concession stand. I’ve been dreaming of the fried pickles for months, I tell you!
- “The Boys Are Back in Town” – Thin Lizzy: Well, duh. It’s no coincidence that this monster ballad has played on loop in my head all day. Let’s get ‘em, Yanks!
This week’s obsessions are all specifically selected to honor one of the best cities in the world — and one I’ll soon call “home.”
That’s right, dear readers: I’ve accepted a job offer in NEW YORK CITY! The champagne is poured and the mittens are purchased … let’s keep the party going.
- Central Park: Is there anything more beautiful than a snow-capped Central Park? I’m sure the novelty will wear off when I’m shivering in my boots, but for now, just look how preeetty.
- Yankee Stadium: Um, duh. It’s the offseason, so they have a few months to prepare for my arrival. But you bet your pinstripes I’ll be there as often as I can. Mrs. Cano, anyone?
- Rockefeller Center: It’s the 80th anniversary of this majestic holiday tradition at Rock Center. Ice skating, hot chocolate and a larger-than-life tree? Don’t mind if I do.
- “New York, New York” – Frank Sinatra: Might as well go full-force with my NY mania, right? Iconic singer, legendary song, and it’s played after every Yankee win at home — perfection.
The coming weeks will be filled with excitement and anxiety, but I’m incredibly thankful for the blessings I’ve been granted. Hope you’re each having a wonderful week and celebrating your good fortunes too.