A huge thank-you to all who reached out with messages of love and support after last week’s heartbreaking loss. If I learned anything from Michelle, it’s that you can find reasons to smile even in the darkest of days.
- Little Girl Turns Sister into a Zebra: This may be the new “Charlie Bit Me.” Honestly, is there anything cuter than videos of tiny tots with posh accents? 3-year-old Sovereign took a permanent marker to her little sister’s… canvas… to turn her into a zebra. Why, you ask? Because she “loves being zebras.” Duh, mom.
- Response to Talia Jane’s Open Letter to Yelp: The viral open letter to Yelp highlights just how clueless many millennials are. That’s not to say we aren’t all clueless in our 20s, but now we have the world as a social media stage to broadcast major mistakes. Pro tip: Negotiate for a livable salary, don’t sign a lease you can’t afford, don’t be too proud to live or work in less-than-ideal conditions, and don’t go credit card poor before the ink on your diploma dries. This response puts it far more eloquently than I can in a few sentences.
- “American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson”: This miniseries is already a few episodes in, but you can still catch up! I didn’t expect to be so captivated, but the always-provocative Ryan Murphy has done it again. It’s chilling, gripping and an absolute roller coaster — the all-star ensemble cast will, no doubt, be nominated for every accolade available. Despite it being more than 20 years since the murders, it’ll bring you right back to the heart-stopping Bronco chase and trial in no time at all.
- “7 Years Old” – Lukas Graham: Something about this song haunts and humbles me. Maybe it’s that he covers a 60-year life in less than four minutes. Or it could be how fragile and fleeting life is, which Graham identifies and reflects on beautifully. Whatever the reason, I can’t seem to stop listening to it on loop.
I’m completely smitten with my new city, which is saying a lot for me because I had an emergency dental issue and STILL don’t have furniture for my apartment. Must be something in the water!
- UberPOOL: I just recently obsessed over the parent app, but this specific feature is especially exciting. Split fares with people heading to the same area. Today, I got a FREE ride to work because my ‘hood was part of a promotion! What’s not to love?
- Nob Hill Dental: My aforementioned emergency dental issue was thankfully fixed in record time because of this practice. Dr. Pham is kind, thorough and keeps her practice open on Saturdays — a lifesaver for busy professionals and accident-prone peeps.
- The Bold Italic’s Microhood: This SF-based site has great content and exciting events, the latter of which is coming to my area! Tomorrow’s Microhood in Cow Hollow features lots of local businesses and giveaways, and I’m hoping to meet even more friendly neighbors.
- “On Top of the World” – Imagine Dragons: Cheesy, yes. But I can’t help feeling like I’m exactly where I want to be. The past few weeks have had plenty of ups and downs, but I’m absolutely ecstatic with the choices I’ve made to get here 🙂