OK, people: I don’t know what it is with my immune system, but I’m (once again) fighting a head cold and idk, maybe I’m allergic to San Francisco?
It’s very possible, since I find myself sneezing and coughing more than ever here — and that’s counting rainy Florida seasons and winters in New York.
Maybe it’s age? Maybe it’s allergies? Maybe she’s born with it?
You can see my loopiness setting in already.
And since Pete + Ariana are over, Halloween is still A WEEK away and I already binged all of “Making a Murderer” Part 2, here’s a compilation you’ll have to use in place of my regularly entertaining, witty commentary:
I don’t know if it’s the above-50 temps or the fact that beer is back in my life, but I’m in a great mood, you guys! Actually, I think it’s that I get to see my FL family and friends this weekend, while I’m back for a kick-ass wedding.
Let’s just keep the party going with these four faves:
- “Lovesick” – Lindstrøm f. Christabelle: My cubemate makes awesome playlists, and this jam has been stuck in my head on repeat pretty much since VD Day. Enjoy!
- Snuff Box: A friend showed me this punny, ridiculous short video the other day, and I about spit up my water through my nose. How’s that for visual confirmation of the funny?
- Brian Williams Raps “Gin and Juice”: Jimmy Fallon has done it again, this time with our favorite NBC anchor paying homage to Snoop. Just try to not burst into laughter … it’s impossible.
- Muffins: This was one of my first forays into YouTube binge-watching, but my friend aforementioned in #2 had never been formally introduced. His tears of laughter said it all.
Last week’s celebrations left me exhausted. With a full heart, no doubt — but I was pooped. Good thing I got home late Monday (after 10 hours of traveling, but more on that later) and had another baby shower invite waiting for me! The joys of being a 20-something …
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill: We lunched at this new spot in Tampa before I departed for the big city again. Quick, inexpensive and totally delicious — my kinda Mexican fiesta.
- Clear Care: Many hours in airports mean many hours cursing my contacts. Thankfully, this stuff is a Godsend. Just make sure you follow all instructions: Lenses must soak at least six hours and you DO NOT put this stuff directly in your eyes, like a traditional solution.
- Golden Girls Cross-Stitch: My super-talented friend Faren posted a photo of her handmade artwork and naturally, I couldn’t resist. I’m trying to convince her to open an etsy shop but till then, you can just admire the one I bought!
- Baby Laughing at Ripping Paper: It’s only fair I share this hilarious video Sister-in-Law showed me. Belly laughs from a baby? Over ripped paper? Too cute for words.
It’s another busy week in the Wittyburg world, and the end to this chaos is nowhere in sight. Dinner and drinks with a dear friend tonight certainly helped. Since we couldn’t squeeze you all into our booth, here’s what you too can obsess over this week!
My Diffuser: I’ve just realized that I talk about hair a lot, but I’m just a girl in the world. When I have less than 10 minutes to fix my hairs after my post-gym sesh showers, this little guy is my savior. I use Redken Fresh Curls products to keep my locks frizz-free (by Florida standards), and I air-dry what doesn’t get done in the 600 seconds I allot.
This Flowchart: I am far from proficient with graphs and numbers and all of those things. But, I saw this “Hey Jude” chart on erin ever after a while back, and I had to have it. Fact: A printout sits in my cubicle for a daily smile. This often leads to another smile as I watch this vid. Artist Danny Garcia is genius, I tell you!
Hibiscuses … uhh, Hibisci?: We had a Hawaiian luau at work today (jealous?), and these flowers made for foolproof accessories. Super-cute and easy, hibiscus buds are complementary to summer style, and faux flowers are inexpensive from the party store. Plus, who doesn’t like a cheap lei? (Insert That’s What She Said Joke here.)
Keyboard Cat: Although I’m about as likely to ever own a cat as I am to drive a PT Cruiser (hint: highly unlikely), I do enjoy this little kitty’s keyboard skillz that killz. At least three days a week, I have this tune stuck in my head. And, with more than 17 million views, you can’t deny its pure entertainment value.
Hope you’re all having a happy hump day!