WO: Weekly Obsessions
The mid-week back-to-work struggle is real, people. I don’t know if I’ve ever been more envious of those with Spring Breaks than I am today. And without my dear friend caffeine by my side, it’s safe to say I’ll be asleep by 8 tonight.
- “Grease” Sing-along: The Castro Theatre has done it again — this time, with everyone’s favorite bad-boy-meets-good-girl story. My cousin and I went with a friend Friday night, and I still have some of the songs stuck in my head. From the impossible glow sticks to the kissy noises, I’m convinced there’s no better way to watch a musical than with props and a sing-along show.
- Hot Cookie: This might be the most iconic dessert spot in all of SF. Nestled in the heart of the Castro district, Hot Cookie has some verrry NSFW nibbles that are as scrumptious as they are scandalous. I personally love the Butch Bar and the Sticky Nikki. Yeah, you heard me.
- Anchor Brewing: My dad would have been 67 on Monday, so to celebrate, we toured Anchor Brewing and raised a glass in his honor. Ryan led us on an interactive and engaging walk, then poured us many samples to enjoy. It’s something I know Slick Rick would have loved. Cheers, big guy.
- Season Finales: I’ll never understand the need to post spoilers on social media — particularly as I’m on that West Coast delay for most programming — so I won’t get specific. But this week’s finales for both “The Bachelor” and “This Is Us” were disappointing. One didn’t give me the ending I so craved, while the other was too long and drawn-out. I’ll let you guess which is which 😉 Here’s hoping the next seasons of both don’t leave us hanging too long.
Tags: anchor brewery, anchor steam, beer, best food san francisco, best things to do in san francisco, castro theatre, desserts, grease, hot cookie, obsessed, season finales, sing along, the bachelor, this is us, tours, weekly obsessions, wittyburg
About WittyburgSarcastic, sports-obsessed writer & FL native navigating SF.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- My internal screams are louder than an infant's. wittyburg.com/2017/03/28/30-… https://t.co/cjVFUTRbRy 6 hours ago
- Show of hands: How many men have been asked to smile? On the street, at work, on public transportation, at a bar, in any situation...? 2 days ago
- I'm convinced @facebook makes its mobile web terrible on purpose so I'll download the app. Why would "mama" autocorrect to "mandala"? WHY? 3 days ago